Energy Efficiency & Mining/
Dr. Achour J. Madi
PhD in Sedimentology; 1994. Laval & McGill University, Canada – Currently President of Emerald Petroleum Ltd. www.emeraldres.ca
Experience: 42 years in total (8 years in Algeria, and 34 years abroad but always based in Western Canada)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My unique goal is to benefit my fellow colleagues with the vast experience and expertise acquired by documenting and working in almost all basins and geological settings around the globe including North & South America, MENA region, East and West Africa, and Europe.
1. PhD Thesis (McGill & Laval universities) completed in 1994 on the Petroleum potential of the Behar Basin. My PhD Research was funded by Sonatrach-Exploration.
2. Published more 10 papers on prestigious journals like AAPG bulletin, Sedimentology, facies, SPA…
3. Made numerous technical presentations and posters on Algerian basins.
4. 2016 – 2018: Identification of a new Tight Oil Play in SE Constantine Basin, with vast undiscovered oil/gas resources. Estimated the potential reserves/resources using our own AI-powered software. Presented twice to Sonatrach & ALNAFT.
5. 2019: Investigating a regional stratigraphic glaciogenic reservoir constrained by Late Ordovician paleo-valleys in SE Algeria. I did not have the chance to present it to my Sonatrach’ colleagues.
Presented twice to Sonatrach-Exploration in Boumerdes & ALNAFT the results of my studies on SE Constantine Basin.
Dr. Mokrani Touhami
University of South Africa, Florida Science Campus, Johannesburg, South Africa
• From 1 October 2022, Prof Mokrani is a research professor at the Institute for Catalysis and Energy Solutions at the University of South Africa (Unisa). Prof Mokrani is a co-finder of the Institute with four other colleagues.
• Prof Mokrani was the first student to complete a Master in Chemical Engineering at Peninsula Technikon.
• Prof Mokrani was also the first student to complete a PhD in Fuel Cell in South Africa from the UWC.
• Prof Mokrani was the first PosDoc in DST/NRF Centre of Excellence in Catalysis at the University of the Witwatersrand, with a publication in the prestigious Catalysis Review (IF : 8.471) with 145 pages article.
• Prof Mokrani played a vital role in developing chemical engineering department from unknown department at Unisa to the best department at Unisa and ranked 401-500 in the Shanghai Ranking (Global Ranking of Academic Subjects) from 2021.
Dr. Ghenai Chaouki
Professor – Sustainable and Renewable Energy Engineering Department, College of Engineering
Director – Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE
New Lines Institute, Washigton DC, USA
Chairman – Research Funding Department, Office of Vice Chancellor for Research and Gradaue Studies
University of Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Non-Resident Senior Fellow for Energy Strategy and Policy, New Lines Institute for Strategy ad Policy, Washington DC, United States of America
I received an invitation by the CNES (Conseil National Economique et Social) to make a presentation to the experts in Algeria about the clean energy transition in Algeria. The idea was to open the discussion with the experts in the field to develop a road map for the clean energy transition in Algeria.